Come to Your Senses - Courses
Just Kidding (6-12 yr olds)
Just Kidding is a tailor made creative arts program designed to cater for primary school children and runs with the school terms. This unique program combines drama, music, art, dance and puppeteering. All these art forms encourage children to be creative, to express their emotions, stimulate their imagination and build up such valuable skills as self-confidence, effective communication, playful interaction and respectfulness.
Just Kidding is an eight week program, run during after school hours. Each class will alow 15 minutes grace at the end to allow parents to pick up their child or to watch the last segment of the class.
Group sizes for younger children is a minimum of 6, maximum of 12. For older children the maximum is 14. Each child will receive the official Just Kidding program certificate.
"PCYC Arena", cnr Forrest Road and Townley Street
Mondays - 4.30pm - 5.30pm
Next term starts 30th July
"St Nicholas Hall", 86 The Boulevard
Thursdays - 4.45pm - 5.45pm
Next term starts 2nd August
"The Wesley Chapel", 91 James Street
Saturdays - 9.00am - 10.00am
Next term starts 4th August
"Bruce Douglas Pavilion", Brown Park, Salisbury Road
Tuesdays - 3.30pm - 4.30pm
Next term starts 31st July
Wednesdays - 3.45pm - 4.45pm
Next term starts 1st August
Cost: $100 per term.
Sign up any brothers and sisters and you will receive a discount of 10%
- Simple breathing and posture exercises for better voice projection
- Exploring the importance of music in relation to drama
- Dance therapy related games and exercises
- Theatre and drama related games and exercises including performing
- Self confidence building
- Structured improvisation and mime
- Interactive story telling - working with and understanding
- Language skills and proper verbalising ideas - speech and pronunciation
- Singing and song writing
- Puppeteering - exploring both puppet, puppet master and subject matter
Each term your child will receive a certificate of achievement along with an assessment of their competency levels.
Just Kidding is absolutely fun, entertaining and highly beneficial for all children.